So our couch to 5k has us doing 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk and then repeat. The first 90 second run is nothing (an improvement from our very first run of 60 second = death!), the first 3 minute run isn't too bad.... and then the 2nd 90 second run is ok.... but that last 3 minute run, it's been tough. Today however, I feel like we pushed through it quite well! So, I'm confident in saying this week's running assignment is doable.
 |
| Fish hattery. |
I've discovered that where we run does make quite a difference on how well we run. Our favorite places so far are the track in town, the track out of town, the fish hatchery (I always type "hattery" first, which makes me laugh), and the graveyard near the track in town. The two tracks are comparable, concrete, flat. The one in town is 1/4 mile and the one out of town (more in my neck of the woods) is 1/6. The graveyard is a meandering concrete path but with hills. The hatchery is dirt / gravel. While the hatchery provides the best wildlife (see below baby caterpillar picture!), it provides probably the most difficult of our runs, probably because the gravel (though small and quasi-packed) shifts a little bit and takes a little more energy. I like the graveyard too because there are interesting things to look at and more paths to choose. Still, the hills add difficulty. The tracks are our easiest runs, smooth and flat, and we tend to do better about completing our C25K assignment. Nonetheless, good to change it up now and then. Still run/walking ~2 miles each time.
 |
TINY little caterpillar.... one of those brown and black fuzzy ones that tells the
weather I think.... On another note, you can probably tell a lot about me from
this picture of my hands..... |
No comments:
Post a Comment