Thursday, June 9, 2011
First day of running at the track
With school out, this week was also vacation for my husband and I so I didn't run on Tuesday. I did however get in a little hiking, so I'm counting that. Michelle was feeling sick and didn't run Tuesday either, so today was our first day back at it. We ran in town at the local running/walking track. Good news, our huffing and puffing seems to be continuing to decline so our lungs are adjusting well. We're fighting some of the issues beginning runners face; sore muscles, fears of shin splints, some painful joint, but mostly, everything is going well. We're just about ready to step it up to the next level in the Couch to 5k plan which will be a true test of how tough we really are. We had a good talk afterward about our goal for our running.... mostly that we want to feel good and wear a particular sized pants. We're pretty sure we're never going to be marathon runners with jello in our pants, but who knows? More running Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment