Saturday, March 17, 2012

Taking the winter off? ....probably not the best idea....

Finally got up and ran today.  And yeah, that's probably the first time I've ran since..... November? Maybe?  (The last time I can prove it is September because that's the last blog entry.)  I have to tell you, I wouldn't suggest taking 6 months off when you're learning to run.  I used to run ok, but this morning, oy vey!  Back to basics!  I did manage to run / walk almost two miles, alternating running a lap and walking a lap on a 1/6 mile track. 
Totally felt like this today:

(And is that JoAnna Cobb in the top picture?  ...That's totally me in the lower one.)
I did find out that my ipod can track my progress though.
Here are my results from today:
Duration: 30 minutes
Pace: 17'55/mile
Distance: 1.96 miles
Calories: 187
Not completely tragic, but a lot of work to do to get back in the shape I was in last Fall.
By the way, I may need to think about retitling my blog as I'm such an unreliable running partner, it was best for Michelle to get a gym membership and not count on me to go.  "Today WE ran" may have to refer to the mouse in my pocket, which may be what I name my ipod....

No comments:

Post a Comment